Friday, August 31, 2012

Pleading

What a ride the last few days have been. 

Tuesday morning the extraction took place.  It was completed within an hour and 17 follicles were taken.  I was surprised at how easily I came out of the anesthesia.  I was at home and in bed by 11:00 and slept for a few hours.  I woke up to the cramping; luckily my mom had my pain pills ready to go.  The afternoon was spent resting, watching movies, and thinking a lot about the recipient couple. 

Late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning was pretty rough.  The pain was intense and the heating pad was my best friend.  Today is Friday and I'm just starting to feel some relief.  But make no mistake...I have no regrets.  Not one.  I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.  My physical pain is immeasurable to the emotional agony the couple has gone through. 

Now the most important part begins. The implantation.  I'm not sure exactly what day it will take place but I know it's soon and I'm a nervous wreck.  There's a difference between a prayer and a plead.  My Lord knows I've pleaded over the years, and I'm on my knees pleading once more.  Please, Father, lay Your mighty hand on this process.  We will praise You while we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment