Thursday, August 23, 2012

Desires of the Heart

I received a humble reminder this morning of just how tough this road to parenthood has been for the recipient couple.  Eight years of treatment, waiting lists and donor hopefuls.  I have been lovingly named "Donor No. 5", as four previous donors have dropped out mid-process.  My heart just aches for them.  But I'm so very glad that they haven't given up and they've held on to God's promise of parenthood.  Psalm 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." 

I'm so glad that it was in God's plan to have their rocky road meet my path.  I pray that they have seen some sense of light on the horizon giving them hope. 

They have asked if they can change my name to "Husker Donor".  My heart is shaped like an "N", so the answer is easy.  GO BIG RED!

No comments:

Post a Comment