Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Just a Little Pinch

I started my injections last week.  I've always been ok with needles.  I've had countless IVs inserted and they don't phase me.  So why it took me nearly 10 minutes to insert a very small needle into my stomach, I'm not sure.  Maybe it was because I was doing it myself.  Maybe it was because I couldn't small talk with a nurse about the weather while the needle was discreetly slid in.  Either way, the first injection was with hesitation.  But after some self pep talk, it was in and it was easy. 

The hot flashes and night sweats have started but aren't anything new since the 100+ temps have had me in a constant state of sweating since June.  It was a good excuse to get a bed to myself while staying in a hotel with friends at a conference.  I don't mind sharing a bed, but just believe me that the wet spot is from sweat, not pee. 

This morning I went in for a quick ultrasound and was told that the recepients wanted to let me know that the baby will be raised in a Husker household.  This is a good thing, because Husker is in my DNA.  I can imagine their shock if they were Mizzou fans and the baby's first words were "Go Big Red".


No comments:

Post a Comment